Why Content Curation, Crowdsourcing and Repurposing will Change Everything?
What is Content Curation?
The entire process of identifying, collecting and presenting digital content matter about a specific topic is called Content Curation. Content Curation has become a prevalent practice for most of the companies with a powerful online presence owing to the kind of results it offers in terms of generating and increasing web traffic.
Content Curation Best Practices
Content Curation not only makes your work easy by becoming able to harness the prowess of the content matter that is already available and floating around you. It’s basically like making a mixed tape of sorts choosing only the best singles.
News: For best Curation practices it is very important to stay on top of the news in the particular industries that you belong to. Spike.newswip.com is a great news source that can help you.
Below are some Sources of News to Curate:
- Links to content and media shared on StumbleUpon, Facebook, Twitter and other social sharing websites
- Industry specific newsletters sent to you via email
- Curation tools: Scoop.it, Flipboard, Storify.com
- Real-time search engines: socialmention.com, Topsy
What to curate: Any kind of content can be curated. The most important thing to take care of is to pick and choose relevant content from your industry with the right SEO attitude. Most SEO packages today offer curated content along with other means of optimization to ensure the best results for your website.
Types of Content to Curate
- Videos: YouTube, Viddler, Vimeo
- Infographics and other data visualizations
- Slideshare presentations or search Google.com for .ppt file types
- Useful resources relevant to your target audience: news, blogs, tips, networking and industry events.
Where to Publish: Publishing curated content in the right place is as important as curating the content itself. This is why one must be especially careful about where and how he is publishing. The most popular places would be social media Channels such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. However there are other popular sites which can help in making your website more popular.
Tips for better content Curation
- Always give credit to the source and mention the links from where content has been curated.
- Publish on Multiple platforms.
- Follow a schedule in order to get the best content for Curation.
- Share a lot of content and be visible without plagiarizing content.
Benefits of Content Curation
- It helps you build a community.
- It enables you to put together all the useful content without having to go all around the web looking for something.
- It offers an insight in various perspectives making the curated content of great value.
- Excellent in terms of SEO.
What is Content Crowdsourcing?
Crowdsourcing is an amazing method of procuring work or financial support mostly online, from a crowd of people and then dividing it amongst another crowd. Basically you act as a mediator and get the work done. Made from two words, crowd and outsourcing, Crowdsourcing is gaining more and more popularity everyday!
Ideas for Crowdsourcing Content
The best example of Crowdsourcing is Wikipedia. It is an encyclopedia that gets all the information from individuals globally. It gets the requirements as well as the work externally and yet is a firm in itself.
Some ideas for Crowdsourcing can be:
- Follow up the comments of your users in order to make the most of their suggestions. Get in touch with them or respond to their comments to encourage them to give you suggestions as well as requirements.
- Carry out polls to get statistical data whenever required. What’s more it will also enable you to find out more about the trending behaviors.
- Tap the power of social media and get your work done in the most inexpensive ways.
Benefits of Content Crowdsourcing
- It is inexpensive and reliable.
- It is the fastest way to spread the word and get your content published and popular.
- It offers you a win-win situation, enabling you to benefit as well as others in your circle.
What is Content Repurposing?
As the name suggests, content repurposing is the practice of using content by someone who is not the copyright holder in another form of publication as was originally intended. So, if you re-use a newspaper article on a blog, then it is content repurposing.
Tips on Repurposing Content
Naturally, repurposing isn’t an easy thing and requires one to be very careful so that no one call you a content thief. The best ways to do that is:
- Mention your sources.
- Create less promote more.
- Share and re-share over as many platforms as available.
- Let loose on the social media front.
- Keep adding value and modifying content at each stage.
Benefits of Content Repurposing
- Great for SEO.
- Gives users of various mediums exposure to your content.
- Gives you multiple perspectives.
- Makes your content visible across the global front.