What is Digital Marketing and Why it Matters?
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing can be defined as, “Via more than one form of electronic media, it’s just the promotion of brands or products which is really very much different from traditional marketing in which it involves the methods and channels that enables an organization to analyze marketing campaigns and to understand what is actually going on in real time.”
Digital marketers monitor the things which include what is being viewed, how often and for how long, what content works and doesn’t work as well as sales conversions to name a few. While, as well all know that the Internet is very closely associated with digital marketing, others include wireless text messaging, electronic billboards, mobile instant messaging, mobile apps, pod-casts, radio channels, digital television and many more.
Challenges Facing Digital Marketers:
- Proliferation of digital channels - Consumers are using a variety of digital channels with a variety of devices which uses different specifications, interfaces and protocols. And they do interact with those devices in different ways as well as for different purposes.
- Intensifying competition - Relatively the digital channels are inexpensive, when it is compared with traditional media. Thus, it is
really becoming a lot harder to capture the attention of consumers.
- Exploding data volumes - In digital channels, the consumers are leaving behind a huge trail of data. And it gets extremely difficult to handle those data, as well as to find the accurate data inside exploding data volumes which will help you take the right decisions.
Following are the keys to Digital Marketing success :
- Across numbers of channels i.e. Both traditional and digital, you have to manage complex customer relationships.
- Give a reaction to and begin dynamic customer interactions.
- To make rapid as well as good decisions, you need to extract value from large data.
A technical understanding needed for digital marketing
Marketing attribution, Remarketing, responsive design and data analytics does require technical knowledge outside the field of most marketing professionals. Digital technology needs a digital focus. Conducting analysis of visitor data and past interaction history will be requiring a technical facilitator, just to ensure the consistency and accuracy of analysis and reporting.
Digital technology is very much vital to the entire process for marketing and Remarketing attribution. To personalize the web experience when it arrives at your site, Remarketing involves the tracking of users' cookies just to receive insight into what products they were looking for in the past.
Why is digital marketing so important?
Digital media is so vast that consumers can have access to information at any place and time, whenever they desire. It is also an ever-growing source of entertainment, shopping, news as well as social interaction. Nowadays, consumers are not just going by what your company says about your brand, but they also take review from media, relatives and friends to name a few. Well, the fact is that they are more likely to believe them than you. People are always in search of companies that know them, brands they can trust, communications that are relevant and personalized.
Following are the key facts to start up or expand your business :
- Target your customers
- Converse with the audience
- Educate customers about products
- Open up new ways to expand business
- Engage yourselves in online communities
Through digital media, any business can reach to a great number of people all around the world. A website must be fully optimized along with marketing activities that can target the customers and can get more traffic to the website. Thus, through marketing, one can attract more customers who are interested in your services as well as products.