The Importance of Social Media Marketing
Every SEO executive knows that three main pillars of any SEO project are:
- On-page SEO activities
- Off-page activities & Backlinking
- Social signals optimization
All three pillars are an integral part of any SEO project and equally important. Hence being an SEO executive if you haven’t started using social media as one of your strategies then it’s high time now. For those who are unaware about social media then, according to Wikipedia, “ Social Media includes web- and mobile- based technologies which are used to turn communication into an interactive dialogue among organizations, communities, and individuals.” Andreas Kaplan and Michael Haenlein define social media as "a group of Internet-based applications that build on the ideological and technological foundations of Web 2.0, and that allow the creation and exchange of user-generated content."
In other words social media is, platforms like facebook, twitter, google+, pinterest, linkedin and so on.
Now one must be wondering what good would a social media marketing do in any SEO activity. Search engine giant Google was the first one to confirm the use of social media tracking in SEO rankings. Being a product of same company Google+ is the most integrated social media options but other social media sites are equally important.
Increasing company’s goodwill
Social media is the best mode of communication for companies to connect with its customers. And when companies do this it results in a great amount of credibility.
Self organized systems
All the social media websites are quite smart and self organized systems with a feedback loop. These services constantly capture user data, analyze all the situations, gives response based on the analysis and then uses the outcome of response for the feedback loop. Once made these systems are automated and data intense. As the name goes these systems are so social that many a times business tie ups become part of the system in which other businesses operate.
SEO is a one of the ways of marketing and there is no denying it. Social media activities give a chance to SEO executives to connect with customers of their client. Moreover it personalizes the brand which in this case would be the website and spread it very fluently.
Moreover here are few more points as to why to use social media for SEO processes:
- Today’s generation is like glued to social media websites. So if your website is targeting such young people then social media is the best way to reach out to a huge crowd. It is not only the youth that’s using social media instead it is used by almost all age groups.
- Social media websites are few of the highly used websites daily and so using these sites to promote your site can help one gain very high traffic.
- The important thing about using social media is that one doesn’t have to go and look for feedback. Instead these social media websites themselves get you the required feedback from the users. One can use this feedback to improve the product.
- Now, if someone doesn’t like the site or any feature of it then you can have customers’ preference known and then act and adapt based on that. Enhancing would be much easier after this.
SEO firms provide different types of social media marketing packages for different clients. However there are few companies which also give facility to client about making their own customized package based on their requirements.