Not Getting Enough Retweets on Your Blog? Learn How to Change the Figures
Twitter is undoubtedly one of the most powerful online social channels to pursue business marketing and brand building. The microblogging site is only few years old and SEO and internet marketing experts are already busy harnessing its potential. Content popularization through blogging and direct interaction with targeted audiences makes twitter a useful platform. Worth noting is the fact that while high number of tweets can make a blog post popular, retweets in good quantity can make the blog content go viral.
In case your blog post is not getting expected number of retweets, you might be seriously lacking in implementing a few important things. Revive your efforts with the following tips.
Check Whether You are a Worthy Tweeter
Your Twitter profile and tweeting history so far can make a huge difference. Most of the Twitter users take the pain to learn about the blogger before retweeting his content. The first step should be to establish your popularity as a credible tweeter whom people would love to follow. It’s very important to customize your profile and make it look more credible and authoritative.
Content Quality Parameters
No two opinions on the fact that only quality content gets noticed and retweeted. What are the parameters that your content needs to fulfill?
- Make your content interactive, engaging, unique and informative
- Spend time on editing and spell-checking before posting
- Use headlines that are capable to stand out (make them less descriptive and more striking)
- Good old practice of using keywords and labels (direct from search engine queries) can help a lot
Retweeting Tools and Trends
Many popular retweet tools can help your blog get free and authentic retweets. Ad ReTweet and Retweetit are two good examples. In addition, follow the popular trend of asking to “Retweet”. Request your followers by adding the magic words like “Please ReTweet” and “Please RT” to your post. Statistically, the former draws more attention than the latter. Here is a glimpse of the same.
Act As an Opportunist
As a blogger, you must make use of every opportunity by learning the art of retweeting. Here are some extremely useful tips you need to notice:
- Post your blog at the time when most of your Twitter followers are active
- Retweet your own post twice or thrice a day (at appropriate intervals) to entertain the followers from different time zones
- Reply to the tweets with equally engaging content, which may also get retweeted
- Publish mixed blog posts to attract followers interested in different things
- Don’t fail to appreciate all those who tweet and retweet
- Please use @ & # tags whenever applicable.
- Don’t just wait for tweet pals to RT your post, take initiative and RT their credible posts too.
- Get involved in increasing your social network. More followers means more reach.
How Your Followers Can Help?
Another good idea is to return the favor by retweeting the blogs of others. Exchanging retweets can help you in networking further. However, be careful and retweet the content which is useful and free from spamming and illegal labels.
Professionally designed and researched Social Media Marketing packages allow active participation and higher exposure on Twitter beneficial for gaining visibility and top rankings. Effective utilization of the ‘retweet’ concept can give your business the required edge in gaining higher visibility.