Google’s Latest Take on Content Marketing - Increase Your AuthorRank to Benefit from Blogging
No matter how much criticism they invite, Google’s algorithms always aim at improving the experience of internet users. Unique, informative and constructive content is what every Google user wishes to find on the first few search engine page results. For the past couple of years, Google is on a cleaning drive using its algorithm updates. Panda, Penguin, EMD (exact match domain) algorithms and the latest PageRank update have been effective in pushing high quality content to the top SERPs.
Blogs, for being content-oriented platforms, have been among the top targets of these changes. Bloggers from across the world can be seen discussing if Google is actually going to kill blogging. The answer is ‘no’ for bloggers who have the knack to continuously generate quality blog content and ‘yes’ for the rest of them. Now the question is that what efforts can a blogger make to save years of hard work and passion put in blogging.
Claim Google Authorship
Google Author Rank is the latest buzz which is expected to completely change the world of blogging. The search giant has always been stringent towards authors who produce low quality, spammed and duplicate content. With Google authorship verification, genuine content providers can integrate their profiles with Google Plus.
And the result is that authors’ profile images and links to their previous works get indexed in the search engine results. Worth noting is the fact that only those who have been actively contributing towards quality web content can take advantage of this program.
Advantages that bloggers can harness from Google authorship include:
- Greater visibility
- Building up of trustworthiness
- Exposure for past and additional content of the author
How to Improve Author Rank?
So, the most important task for bloggers at this moment is to improve author rank and here are some great ideas that can help:
- Google+ Activities: It is not a hidden fact that Google is partial towards its social networking site. As a blogger, if you show high-level engagement with Google+, you can indeed have a positive effect on your Author Rank. Join relevant groups, post interesting content and make efforts to obtain high numbers of ‘+1s’, Google circles and shares for your blog posts.
- Quality Content: Until and unless you are able to provide the web with something informative and interesting, don’t expect to see your AR going up. Post frequently, but without compromising on the quality. If you are able to attain impressive number of comments on your post, it can add worth to your authorship.
- Guest Posting: Google clearly wants every good blogger to come up with guest posts on other blogs. It is a way for the search engine to appreciate the efforts of dedicated bloggers. The reputation and authority of sites where you publish your content is also be a deciding factor.
The experts in SEO India industry are of the view that maintaining good page rank with the help of search engine optimization campaigns is equally important to keep the blogs alive. If you are a serious blogger, you must take Google’s advice and suggestions in a constructive manner and make blogging a useful trend for all.